Exceptional customer experience is a supercharger, but it’s not Rock-It science

Last year, I responded to a Groupon promotion for a cool-looking portable audio device called Rock-It. This little speaker was definitely as cool as it looked, but I unfortunately broke it during a business trip last November. Since the warranty expired, I sent a request through the company’s website to see if it was possible to get it repaired. Mike Szymczak, the co-founder of the company, replied back and told me that he’ll just send me a new one.

I was really surprised by that response. After all, the warranty had expired, and since OrigAudio sells innovative and inexpensive consumer audio electronics, providing me with an outstanding customer experience was unlikely to lead to high-volume, repeat business.

Read the rest at The Washington Business Journal.

Comments