Chalk Talk: Yes, I bought Lady Gaga’s 'Born This Way

Last week there was a little brouhaha over at Amazon.com related to their promotion of Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” album. On May 23, Amazon offered a digital copy of the album for 99 cents (it wholesales for about $9 – Amazon might have paid $7), which led to a massive crush of customers at the Internet retailer’s website.

The traffic caused delays for some customers and drove some other customers away. OK, don’t tell anyone, but when I heard about the problems Amazon was having, I decided to head over there (when they repeated the deal) and see if the problem was still there. Everything worked smoothly, I plunked down the 99 cents, and I now have my Lady Gaga music (which I haven’t listened to yet).

Besides giving you a false impression of my musical preferences, there are three great takeaways for us as business leaders:

Read the rest at the Washington Business Journal.

Comments