Business growth faltering? You gotta move on sometime

I sold my 13-year old Chevrolet Impala SS last week.

For what it’s worth, luxury cars are not my thing. Even before I had a family, I always owned cars that were understated and inexpensive. I prefer to spend my luxury dollar in other ways.

My SS treated me well, and I really appreciated not needing to buy a new car while I was plowing everything I earned back into my business.

The transmission started slipping again after I replaced it five years ago. It would have been stupid to repair it; since the car had so many miles on it (almost 225,000), there was a high probability of another expensive problem occurring shortly. The only thing that made sense was selling it.

As I normally do when I “move on” from something, I listen to Martin Gore’s “Compulsion." It reminds me of all the times in the past that I’ve moved on and how I didn’t regret any of those decisions. I feel nostalgic for a little while and then…I move on.

What’s my point? Read the rest at The Business Journals.

Comments