How University of Alabama coach Nick Saban leads on and off the field

World-class leaders work relentlessly to keep mediocrity out of their organizations, and clearly University of Alabama Coach Nick Saban has been winning that battle. How is he doing it?

You're sitting on a gold mine: your existing relationships. Learn the exact business development process that companies have used to increase sales 25% and more. Learn more

A few months ago, a close friend’s mother died. Her funeral was going to be on a Saturday in Cincinnati, which is an eight-hour drive for me.  When I found out about it on Tuesday of that week, I decided that my schedule wasn’t going to allow me to attend, so I decided to send a gift of some kind (flowers, memorial donation, etc.). However, right when I was thinking about what to send, I remembered the time that I met Nick Saban, currently the head coach of the University of Alabama’s football team and winner of four national championships (one at Louisiana State University in 2003 and three in the last four years at Alabama).

Read the rest to find out why Coach Saban came to mind, and what it confirmed to me about great leaders, at the Washington Business Journal.

Comments