How an interim executive role gave me new insights into business execution

A couple of years ago, a mentor gave me a great piece of advice.

He told me that, despite my decades of experience, I should consider taking interim executive roles (CEO/COO/CFO) from time to time to keep me at the top of my profession.

So, I folded executive work into our service offerings (it’s our top service), and last year a coaching client asked me to be the COO for his international consulting and law firm.

My mentor missed telling me one thing: The experience would be incredible!

Why? That year reinforced some important lessons and gave me new insights about business execution and leadership. One of the most prominent was that you don't know what you don't know.


Read the rest at The Business Journals

Ingar Grev

Comments