How 'The 5 Basic Responses' can improve accountability in your company

Most business owners and CEOs yearn for a culture of accountability and initiative-taking in their companies.

I won’t give you the key in one article (there wouldn’t be much opportunity for my business if I could), but one concept that can have a great impact on your business is "The Five Basic Responses." Incoming plebes at the Naval Academy learn these on their first day:
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Aye, aye (i.e. I understand your instructions and I will do as you directed)
  4. No excuse
  5. I’ll find out
The idea is that in the workplace, one’s responses to questions or instructions should be one of the five basics. Adopting these in your organization will not only improve the culture of accountability in your organization, but will also help you earn the praise of your customers.

Let’s break them down:

Read the rest at The Business Journals

 

Comments